Chicken Nacho Soup :D

It's been soup weather lately so tonight I volunteered to cook (knowing Mum she was probably going to ask me anyway as she was going out at 5.15pm), so for some reason I felt like soup, chicken taco soup (which I had never had in my life but I was feeling like it :D ), so after half an hour of looking up recipes I realised that none of the soup recipes worked for me (ie they were in a slow cooker or had waaay to many ingreadients some of which I have never heard of in my life!), so I went on pioneer woman one of my favourite cooking blogs and found this recipe which I adjusted to what I had in the pantry, in the end it was a lot different from the recipe so I have decided to call it (drum roll please!)...
Chicken Nacho Soup! Below is the recipe for it, I beg you try it out, everyone in my family loved it and it has already been requested to be made again, plus its gluten free so who can argue with that?!
Chicken Nacho Soup:
You will need:
500grms chicken thigh fillets defrosted
4 heaped teaspoons of cumin (start with 2 and add more to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground chilli powder (again you can add more of less to your taste)
2 teaspoons garlic granuals (or powder if you have it)
3 small or 1 1/2 large onions diced (it may seem alot but its not!)
2 cans (400 grms each total of 800grms) of kidney beans drained.
2 cups of frozen corn (I used one can of corn undrained then added a cup of frozen corn)
half a capsicum chopped finely
1 800grm can of chopped tomatos
6 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cups of water
2 1/2 cups of either chicken or vegetable stock (I used 1 teaspoon stock powder in 2 cups of water which worked well)
olive oil

To serve (all optional):
1 packet of corn chips (gluten free, ie plain)
1 tub of  sour cream
2 cups of cheese grated

What to do
Combine: Garlic granuals, chili powder and cumin set aside
preheat oven to 200 degrees, lay chicken on a pan and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with around 1/4 teaspoon of the cumin mix per thigh, place in oven and cook for around 25 minutes or until cooked. Chop cooked chicken up into small pieces set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan and add onion and remaining spice mix, cook for 5 minutes then add chicken and capsicum.
Place remaining ingreadients (except the 'to serve' ones) and bring to boil.
Add more spices until you get the right taste (you can add crushed garlic and whole chilies if you want), you can also add more water and/or stock until you are happy with the consistency. Let simmer for 45 minutes tasting every now and then. Just before serving take off head and let it sit for 10 minutes (if you have time or you can serve it straight away)

To serve.
Place 2 ladles full of soup in each bowl, topping with sour cream and grated cheese. Sprinkle corn chips on the soup just before serving. Serve with a handle of corn chips if you want.
Enjoy!
This serves 8 people or 5 with seconds and some left over for the next days lunch!

Comments

Popular Posts