Lessons I Have Learnt From School!

Have you ever wished life could have a pause button? I mean right now I seriously do! Its funny how that throughout your schools years you want them to finish but when you get to the point of them finishing you just wish they wouldn't end. Its sad to say goodbye to them, but I know its time to. So what better way to say goodbye to school than to write a list of lessons that I have learnt during my high school years to pass on to the next new year:
  • Ask questions! I wish I had learnt this lesson earlier, teachers never get mad when you ask questions (unless they are stupid or not anything to do with the topic).
  • Don't leave anything to the last minute. This is a bad habit to get into and will cost you marks and grades.
  • Get enough sleep! Sleeping in class is a big no no in anyones book and it will only cause the teachers to keep an extra special eye on you during class.
  • Getting in trouble isn't the end of the world. Trust me everyone will get in trouble at least once or twice in school and its no big deal.
  • Choose classes that you like and you think you will actually use in real life. Don't choose them cause all your friends are doing them or your teacher tells you mum that you should do it (this happened to me with Politics and Law, if it wasn't for the fact that the teacher was awesome I would've left the class).
  • Learn how to annoy your teachers and do it every class. Fun annoy though, not get in trouble annoy. For example one of my teachers hated cats so every assignment this year I found a way to involve something to do with cats (he had me for two classes so it was a lot of cats!) and it became our joke. Because of that class was always a bit more fun and I looked forward to it.
  • Start a blog (just kidding only if you want). I did and I found it helped to clear my mind and also improved my english and typing skills. Don't do it for anyone though just you, it doesn't even have to be about a certain topic Erin's Antics is a mix of everything and I like it that way, it gives me freedom so I can write whatever I feel like.
  • Read books. This improves your English skills and also allows you to get better insight to the world around you. I love reading as it gives me an escape into different worlds and places.
  • Finally you get what you give. Don't expect to get an A in a subject that you put little work into, work and try your hardest and you will get far in school (and life and Narnia!).

School is a great place and allows you to travel far in life, though at times it might seem overwhelming but make the most of it. One day you might even find yourself missing it :)

Comments

Popular Posts