Summer

Today is the first day of Summer and on my favourite radio station they asked their listeners what they loved and hated most about Summer and to text in their answers, I wasn't able to at the time but I thought I would list what I love and hate about Summer here.

Love:
  • Christmas is just around the corner.
  • Swimming.
  • Camping with the family.
  • Being able to entertain people in the evening.
  • The sun rises early which makes me want to get out of bed.
  • Being able to wear skirts and dresses.
  • Eating icecream and icypoles.
  • My hair getting naturally bleached by the sun.
  • Water fights with my sisters (and sometimes Dad).
Hate:
  • The flies and bugs that come out in the evening (some how flies always go up my nose!).
  • When is gets over 35 degrees for days and there is no end in sight.
  • Sunburn.
  • When is gets so hot that the only thing you can do is lie under the air conditioner.
  • Girls wearing bikinis (and various other clothing) that barely cover them, so that they are hanging out of them.
  • Bush fires, here in Australia we have had our fair share of natural disasters over the past few years including floods, and the Black Saturday fire. Summer is just the worst time for bush fires, I have seen the damage that they can do and its shocking! 



So there is what I love and dislike about Summer. Do you have anything that you love or hate about Summer? 

Comments

Popular Posts