One Day

Today I began my first step towards gaining control of my anxiety I went to a psycologist. I had no idea what to expect the last time I went to one was when I was 12 and that wasn't the most enjoyable experience and then once I got to high school I saw the school conselour and that was that.

I found myself at ease with her (my pyscologist) and she explained to me that the attacks I have been having are Panic Attacks and the most extreme of attacks people who have anxiety get, the good news is that with treatment I should be able to get on with my life without having to worry about having the attacks affecting me. She also said that though even if I did get another job I would most likely still have an attack no matter how many hours it was and until I got treatment they would still happen so I am thankful that I am getting treatment and that soon I will be able to live without the attacks. I'm not expecting it to be easy but I KNOW I can stop the attacks with her help.

I asked why after so many years of not having the attacks I have had a lot and she said it was because I learnt (subconsiously) to avoid situations that may cause me to have an attack and of course this year had been full of my changes so the attacks started up again.

I know I will get through this its not going to be easy but ONE DAY I will be able to start a job and not have an attack until then I will take things easy.

Comments

Popular Posts