Submitting

I have NEVER done this but I though I would do a post linked to one of my friends blogs about submission to authority. Before you read this post to understand it better you need to read the original post here.

The first lesson any kid learns is to obey their parents and later obey adults, one of the ten commandments even says it. Kids grow up learning to respect their parents and adults and sure they test boundaries which is all part of the learning experience of growing up.  No matter how old you are you still have to submit to people whether your 18 or 180. At work you have to submit to your boss and supervisors, even if you own your own business you have to submit to the people you hire and customers. You also have to submit to laws which are put there to protect you. Learning to submit is a key part of growing up.

Sometimes submitting isn't easy yet we all continue to do it. Many Christians have been killed because they have submitted to people who are Anti Christian both now and in the bible times. So why do we continue to submit? Simply because God tells us too, sure its never going to be easy to submit but we should. Most people feel need to always question authority (I admit to doing it at times) but should we? The answer is no, everyone needs to submit freely just as the bible tells us too. Sure at times its not going to be easy but we have to realise that Christians are just passing through this world and God is ALWAYS in control.

When I get married I will have to submit to my husband because the bible cleary tells me to, in Genesis 3:16 the bible says to Eve (referred to as the woman) that her desire will be for her husband and the he will rule over her. In this day and age it isn't easy as the media tells women that they should equal with their husbands (and partners) which isn't true and in life someone will always have the final say in decisions and in marriage the husband does. My parents have been married for just over 20 years and I have seen my Mum submit to my Dad when its been hard but she has and though she has not always agreed on my Dad's final decision it has made their marriage stronger.

Submitting is never going to be easy but we just need to trust that God knows what he is doing and realise that there is always a bigger picture.

Comments

Popular Posts