Just another step in the right direction

I didn't get the job at the flooring company and it doesn't matter. Friday I did something I never thought I would do and started work experience for a local university. I am working under a professor doing data entry and general admin jobs. My employment agency on Wednesday told me about it and said the opportunity was to good to miss and they thought of me the moment they were contacted about getting someone to do it. On Thursday I had an interview that wasn't an interview to meet the professor and the other people I would be working with and it felt right. I am 'working' Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays 6 hours a day and there is a chance I could do some casual (paid) work too. The university always has admin jobs coming up and working there gives me a better chance to get an interview plus simply doing work experience for a university under a professor looks great on my resume.

Friday went well I was a bit worried that I would get confused for a uni student so made sure to dress the part and I admit it was strange to see people my around my age studying there. It felt good to work and to be needed/wanted and I feel like I am getting somewhere. I have no idea how long I will be doing work experience there but I guess its not my decision but God's, to be honest I would love it if I could get paid (permanent part time) employment at the university so I just have to pray that God opens a door for it.

Until then I will continue to put 150% in and enjoy learning new skills.

This video below always makes me smile and I downloaded the song off iTunes recently and have been blasting it non stop.


Comments

Popular Posts