A weekend away

I spent this past weekend down south with 12 other young adults from my parent's church which is now my church. A while ago (I have no idea exactly when) but I decided that it would be a good idea to go to church with my family in the mornings on Sunday as well as go to my church on Sunday evenings. This means that I am in the process of finding the right balance between both churches, for example working out what events to participate in at both ect.

The weekend away was for this event where churches compete against each other in different sports for every 10 people that participate you need 1 volunteer and I was the volunteer (as I can't play sport to save my life haha). We were lucky in that we had a house to stay in  rather than camping or staying in a rec centre down there. I found I got along well with them all which was good and they accepted me too, it reminded me of my youth group camps when I was younger. The Sunday afternoon was filled with us crashing in the lounge room (on the floor and few chairs that were there) chatting, while the guys decided to play catch with whatever objects were around (if I recall highlighters, a set of keys and an empty coke bottle were some of the objects thrown around!) then came the youtube clips! Most of us had the song Dumb Ways To Die stuck in our head so we listened to that a few times (some people didn't know the song very well or the video clip) and then of course one of the guys decided to show us the video clip What Does The Fox Say.

I ran into a lot of people I knew down there too (being an ex-pastor's kids has its perks) including my cousin (which was awesome and it was great to see her), someone who used to go to my old church, a stack of friends I knew from various places and I was volunteered on hospitality (where you go round and give the other volunteers food and drink) with one of my Mum's friends whom I have know since I was a baby. It was also fun going up to people on one of the teams and saying that my Uncle is their pastor (I couldn't resist haha) which turned out to be a good conversation starter too.

It was a good weekend and one that I can't wait to repeat next year though my youngest sister will be coming too :) though I am still catching up on sleep!

Comments

Popular Posts