The Project

Tonight I was featured on the TV show The Project, it happened so quickly that I didn't tell many people about it. They wanted people to email in and tell them about spying in the workplace, this was something that I unfortunately experienced when I was 17 so I wrote in and didn't think much of it. Of course my email signature contains my mobile number, favourite bible verse and blog address so yesterday when I got a call from them asking more about it and if they could send someone over to film and interview me, I thought I would give it a shot. It took just over an hour of someone filming me answering questions that someone was asking me over the phone to get the footage. I didn't know how it would turn out but I was quite happy with how I was portrayed and the topics the segment covered.
Here are few things that I feel the need to point out:
  • I was so close to wearing my Sportsfest (which is purple and has in bright orange writing "BAM AND THE SIN IS GONE") shirt but I changed before we went out and was thankful that I did, as when we came back the camera guy was there!
  • The interview was done in my house near the family computer and I was focusing on a picture on the cupboard pretending that that was the person I was talking too.
  • The shots of me outside were done at the local shopping centre and I had a few people asking me what was going on after the shooting was finished.
  • I felt that I needed to tell my story, as work place surveillance is becoming more common and no one should have to feel like they are being watched and its not ok. I was 17 when it was happening and I honestly thought it was the normal and it still takes me a while in new workplaces to feel safe and that I am not being watched via camera.
If you want to watch the segment you can go here and feel free to let me know what you think :)

Comments

Popular Posts