Just another job interview

So today I had an interview (yay!) after so many weeks of feeling like I'm not getting anywhere I get an interview. So I spend an hour getting ready, second guessing everything (because its normal to second guess black pants when you have 3 pairs pretty much the same!) and get there 15 minutes early (because arriving early gives a good impression). But here's the thing first impressions of the company? Its quiet I am used to working with noise whether its music, people doing things or chatter but there was none of that and it was strange. I hate silence, probably because my family makes a lot of noise and even during the day when I am home alone I have a bird who talks to himself, 3 cats who are always getting into trouble and I live near a railway so my house is never silent. The interview was pretty much them telling me an overview of what the job contains and quizzing my MYOB skills (which are high because spending a whole unit on MYOB at tafe doesn't leave you with low skills), then I was told that this only a first round interview and by this stage a part of me is feeling on edge and not at peace about the interview. Of course if I do advance into the second round I will accept, because even though the chances of me getting the job are slim its good experience, but I won't be surprised if I don't get a second round interview.
I think the main thing that stood out was that I wasn't going to be helping people (it was for a furniture wholesaler)  and I don't feel that I am the right fit for the company. Whenever I have an interview I always have in the back of my mind that at the same time they are interviewing me I am interviewing them, because as much as the company is looking for the right person to fit their company I am looking for the right company which fits me.
This interview wasn't for nothing though, it gave me guidance that I am on the right track still and that after many weeks (fine months) of not getting job interviews I am still what companies are after. I only hope that soon I will find a company that I fit them as much as they fit me, but of course that's in God's hands.

Comments

Popular Posts