The balancing act

I have not disappeared off the face of the earth, I have just been extremely busy settling in to work and trying to get into some sort of routine.
Work is going well and I am loving it! My anxiety has stayed at bay and I credit that to God, the amazing work environment and my amazing supervisor. I see my psych on the 8th of September and I can't wait to tell her how I am going. I have spent most mornings just relaxing and getting in a good headspace for the work day ahead (I start work at 12.00 and try to leave at around 11.15am most mornings). I hope to start studying this week at least 1 morning but I am aiming for 2 :)
I turn 21 in 2 weeks tomorrow which is scary! I guess when I was younger 21 was this magical age, I would have my life somewhat together but the reality is I am still attempting to figure everything out and I know I will never fully have my life together. I have 2 celebrations for my birthday one for the extended family and another for friends both on the Saturday before. I have work on my actual birthday which will be different considering this will be the first time ever that it has happened (I have had school on my birthday but never work). I plan on doing something in the morning and taking in cupcakes to share for afternoon but I don't want to make a big deal about it considering the Saturday will be the big celebrations.
I think that turning 21 will mark the start of my next stage in life though, the working stage! I am so thankful for this job and as I keep telling my friends I couldn't have chosen a better workplace which made the major difference. I have had a bad run of working in places where the environment is really bad, people don't want to work there, the boss spies on you 24/7 and there is no communication between the boss and the employees. Yet with this environment people want to work there, the communication is great and there are no secrets between anyone. I know I can tell my supervisor when I am having a bad day and when I need extra support and the same goes for my colleagues, I am treated as an equal despite only being there 2 full weeks and its great.
I have a few plans for some awesome posts coming up and this Friday there will be Friday Favourites (which I have been working on for the past 2 weeks but haven't gotten the chance to finish yet!). Thanks for all your prayers lately and letting me take some time to work out this balancing act which is life!

Comments

Popular Posts