This has Happened

Well I officially no longer have a license (I do have a car though so I guess that's something?) I am now stuck to public transport and begging people for lifts (for the next 3 months anyway, then God willing it will be smooth sailing re-getting my license and sitting the practical test).
There's some relief to it finally happening if I am being honest, I just found having the 28 days between handing it in before not actually having the licence very anxiety inducing and it made me question so much. Now I can count down the days to being able to drive again, at this stage I am just hanging out to Christmas as by the time that comes around I will have less than a month until I can drive again.
I am also trying to break it down 3 months is 12 weeks which is one school term and 2 weeks, its only 60 working days (mind you I get between Christmas and New Year off so its less than that!), its only 12 weekends etc which is putting things in perspective. I guess now its happened I can focus on getting it back (dealing with reverse and parallel parking!) and surviving the next few months.
If you could pray for the following for me that would be great, I have no idea how I will get through the next few months without some major prayer!
  • Getting to work will be easy and I won't arrive late.
  • That when the time comes I will pass the practical test (and the computer test to get my L's), also if the instructor would be understanding during it that would be great and that I won't let my anxiety get in the way of me focusing.
  • That I will get a good time for the test, ideally I want a test within a week of the 20th of January.
  • That people will be understanding of my situation and not look at me like a failure or a disappointment.
  • That I won't let this get in the way of my work and stay focused on that.
I guess I just don't know what to think anymore, I had always thought that once I got a job everything would be easy (silly me forgot that nothing in my life has never been easy so why would that change?!) but its ended up being a challenge to say the least! I know that God is good and that there is always a bright side to every situation but I am having trouble seeing that side at the moment, if anything there is relief that its finally happened.

To read the other 2 posts regarding this matter click here and here.


Comments

Popular Posts