Five Friday Favourites

This weekend I am heading down south to volunteer at the inter church sports competition and I couldn't be more excited :) we are wanting to defend our title of the small church winners so if you guys could pray for that that would be awesome or just pray that everyone stays safe and no one gets injured doing anything stupid (mainly me!). Also that the weather won't be too bad there is a high chance of rain this weekend and playing sports in the rain is rarely fun (and scoring sports in the rain isn't fun either) so pray for decent weather too!

Last night Megan and I went to see The Next Step in concert and after months of counting down it was worth it! By the end of the concert I was just in awe of their talent and dancing skills and how friendly they were. They made an effort to interact with the audience and for the Q and A Trevor (who plays James in the show and is in FullOut) walked around with a microphone which was really personal and unexpected.
They had a good range of dancing to showcase their skills (and personalities how they managed to incorporate them into dance is beyond me) and it was really full on. We had really good seats, 5 rows from the stage and right in the middle and they were so worth it, we could see everything and it just made the experience that much better, if they ever do another trip over here then Megan and I will for sure go and see them.
We got there early and were able to grab some dinner at a nearby café before hand and then went to get some merch before the crowds got too bad. Surprisingly the merch wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, posters were $10 ($40 signed) and that was the bottom end the most expensive thing was a hoodie at $70 (shirts were around $50).
It was such a fun night and I am still on a high from it all :)


Moving on to Five Friday Favourites:

Dance Academy The Movie - I spent my teen years watching this, I laughed, cried and just obsessed over every little detail and longed to have the coordination to be a ballet dancer. So I am super excited that next year a follow up movie is being released. I can't wait to see what Tara and the rest of the gang has been up to.

The Balm How Bout Them Apples - I have been wanting this palate for so long (since I got a tiny sample of one of the colours in a sub box a few years ago) but couldn't justify buying it. I mean $30

on a lip/cheek cream palate am I really going to use them all? Well my little sister bought it for me for my birthday and I am loving it! Its just a good quality multiuse palate and the 6 colours are great, they go on so smoothly and are long lasting.

Apples To Apples - I played this a couple of weeks ago at Saturday night games and it was such a fun game! Cards Against Humanity was based on this game, so if you've played that you know the idea you get a word and you have to pick whichever card in your hand you think will go best. The best part is when people justify certain cards which always ends in laughter.

Lauren Conrad Celebrate - growing up my favourite bedtime story was looking through cake decorating books, I used to love picking out my future birthday cake and planning my future party. Now days I stick to fiction before bed but I still love cake decorating books and party planning. This book is such a beautiful book and the party ideas are great, from baby showers to tea parties to weddings to birthdays this book covers it all. It would be a great gift for a friend who loves organising events or just a great bed time read!

Kikki K 2017 Diaries - call me organised but yes I have my 2017 diary already! I love Kikki  K diaries and couldn't resist buying one with my birthday voucher I got from them. I can't use an electronic diary (like a phone), I have tried but it doesn't work for me. Of course with a cute diary why would you even want to?! This is the one I have, its a great size not too big or small so I can write in it and it will fit in my bag, it also includes a notebook, fun stickers and a couple of pockets (I keep the odd business card I get in them). A bonus is that Kikki K every month has diary lovers rewards so sometimes you get an extra discount, freebee on purchase or another surprise so it keeps on giving.

Comments

Popular Posts