Five Friday Favourites

This will be the last Five Friday Favourites for 2016! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by and I am excited to see what 2017, stay tuned for a 'Dear 2016' post in the next couple of weeks.

Touchable Bubbles - I was in Australian geographic the other day and there were all these bubbles everywhere and kids were touching and stacking them. For something so simple it brought so much joy, so I ended up buying some and I can confirm that they are just as fun in your own home (and for those wondering they do not leave any sticky residue once they pop!). They would make great stocking stuffers or secret santa gifts too.

A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauck - I love Rachel's books and I was super excited when

she released her latest book! The Royal Wedding series are such fun books and this one has a Christmassy twist to it. I have only just started it but so far its a great Christmas read and I know it will only get better.

Christmas cupcakes - I somehow managed to have 3 end of year events this past week and I volunteered to take cupcakes to all because they are fun to make and easy to transport. I needed a quick and easy to make them Christmassy, so I grabbed some oreos and using a star tip piped green buttercream around the outside and added some pretty sprinkles to make them into wreaths. I then put them onto the (nicely iced) cupcakes, it added another element and you got an oreo as well. Megan of course couldn't resist taking some pics with her tablet so here is the least blurry pic she took :) the rest of the cupcakes I (fine Jocelyn the expert cupcake piper) sprinkled mini M+Ms in red/green/brown (we just removed them from a normal pack and saved the rest to be used or eaten at a later date).

Klutz books - Summer is slowly starting to hit over here and when it gets to over 35 degrees I just want to lock myself inside with the air con on and craft away. I recently picked up a couple of Klutz craft books when they were on special at Aldi to keep me busy and I am really enjoying them. I grabbed the Shrink and Link Jewelry and Glitter Clay Charms books, both a great books and anyone can craft with them. I am tempted to order this book as well as no doubt it will be a long summer!

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen Pentatonix version - this is one of my favourite Christmas carols and I love the twist Pentatonix put on it, the video is also really well done too :)






Comments

Donna said…
I read your comment on Kelly's Korner about asking for prayers related to a job search and wanted to come check out your blog. Your cupcakes look super tasty!

Popular Posts