If I can't control it, I won't worry about it and leave it up to God

 'If I can't control it, I won't worry about it and leave it up to God' - this has become something I keep telling myself during this time of unemployment and uncertainty. Late last year it hit me that I can't control the job market or the interviews I get (or don't get) or the jobs that I can apply for. I mean I would love to get a job but I can't control when I get one so I won't try or even attempt to control it. God is so much bigger than people give him credit for and he has the situation under control even if I can't see it.
I have spent the past couple of weeks filling out job applications, updating my resume and writing selection criteria (which I am convinced will be the end of me!). Selection Criteria is one of those things that I always second guess myself on, mainly because you never what exactly the company is looking for in terms of answers, plus it makes the job application process drag on even longer. I triple check my selection criteria and know that I have done my best, then I leave it up to God. I put it out of my mind and just go on with my life knowing that if it's meant to happen God will do the rest of the work.  My employment agency has also been looking over it and they are impressed with each one I email to them, but I can only pray that the companies are too!
I have dreams of landing a job in the next few weeks in the near future but know that it probably won't happen, but with God never say never. I know that starting a new job won't be easy and I will struggle but I also know that this time will be different and that I have better support and my overall mental health is in a good place. If anything this time living alone has really helped me push myself and see just what I can do (of course I miss my family and can't wait to have them home) so going into a new job I will be more confident and aware of just what I can handle.

I am keeping up with my volunteer work and it seems that everywhere I look I have something happening with ReachOut (organising stalls, helping run chill out rooms at events and getting ready for the workshop this weekend) or with mentoring (organising craft activities, helping out at events and attending it every other week). I highly reccomend that if you are looking for work to do some volunteering as it helps build your confidence, learn new skills, meet new people and just keeps you occupied. I use Seek regulary to find job opportunities but have since discovered that they have a volunteer section of the site which is great and well worth checking out if you are unsure how to go about finding volunteer work. ReachOut actually advertises on it when they need casual and one off volunteers for events which is how I heard about it but there is a wide range of volunteer opportunities you just have to find them.

I don't know what the coming weeks will hold but I won't worry about it because afterall: If I can't control it, I won't worry about it and leave it up to God.


Comments

Popular Posts