Five Friday Favourites

 It's Friday so that means that its time for another Friday Favourites in the past 2 weeks I have seen 2 equally amazing but very different movies so I couldn't resist doing a mini review of each and adding them to this weeks post. The job front is still super quiet so I would appreciate your continued prayers in that area.
Last week my family returned from being overseas so the house is now super loud and busy! Though it's nice to have them home, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I get used to them again haha.
Now onto Five Friday Favourites:

Power Rangers (movie) - the other week I saw this and my mind is still blown away from it! Its a great film
and I enjoyed every minute of it. The character chemistry is great and the special effects are really well done too. I wasn't a huge Power Rangers fan when I was younger but I did grow up with it on tv and like all 90's kids played it in the playground, I found it still captured the essence of it but added to it in ways that made it seem relevant. I highly recommend you go see it and I am hoping for a sequel.

Engaged in Trouble by Jenny B Jones - so I haven't read this yet but its on my list and looks like a great read. I LOVE Jenny B Jones and I reread her books at least once a year so I am thrilled to add this one to the pile.The blurb reads:
When a washed-up pop star inherits a wedding planning business, it’s all bouquets and bliss until a bride turns up dead.
Paisley Sutton shot to stardom as a teenage rock sensation, but ten years later that star has fizzled out, just like her bank account. When she unexpectedly inherits her aunt’s wedding planning business, Paisley leaves the glamour of Los Angeles for a charming small town in Arkansas. Thinking she’ll arrive in Sugar Creek and liquidate the moldly property, Paisley’s shocked to find Enchanted Events has experienced a major makeover and is now the place for brides. She’s got two months to keep Enchanted Events afloat if she wants to sell and rekindle her music career with the profits.
Paisley’s tossed into a world of vows and venues, but her most difficult challenge comes in the form of one demanding bride. When this Bridezilla’s found facedown in her cake, all fingers point to Paisley as the prime murder suspect. And she does not look good in prison orange.
This former pop princess will need the help of her gun-toting, ex-CIA grandmother and her handsome neighbor, Beau Hudson, to unravel the mystery and clear her good name. As she and her unruly posse dig into Bridezilla’s life, she discovers the woman had a long list of enemies. The closer Paisley gets to the truth, the more her own life is in danger.
Love is in the air this wedding season, but before Paisley can help the ladies of Sugar Creek say, “I do,” she’s got to unveil a killer. Or find herself the next target.
When I Realised That My Anxiety Medication Just Wasn't Enough (story on The Mighty) - this was complete surprise on Tuesday when I went to check my emails and found out that this article of mine was published. I wrote this one afternoon and the words just flowed, it gives a deeper look into my anxiety and the moment I first say my psychologist. A lot of people fail to realise that often medication just isn't enough when it comes to treating a mental illness and often you need a combination of therapies to get on top of it.

Dance Academy: The Movie - this show was a huge obession for me during high school and still is in my all time favourite tv shows list. I loved all the characters and I spent many days after school laughing, crying and holding my breath while watching it. This movie is based 18 months after the show ended and asks the question 'What do you do when you realise that what you have always dreamed of isn't what you really wanted?'. I loved reuniting with the old characters and it flowed nicely while also taking me on a rollercoaster of feelings much like the tv show did! I can just see myself curling up and watching the whole series back to back followed by the movie in the coming future (yes I am already counting down the days until it comes to DVD!). A great review of the movie is here and all 3 seasons of the show are currently streaming on ABC iView until the 1st of May.

Pandora Piglet Charm - I was never a huge fan of Disney Princess movies growing up, sure I watched them but lets be honest certain scenes scared me, so I tended to watch a lot of Winnie The Pooh instead. I always found myself drawn to piglet as he was always worrying about something but despite that was a loyal friend and when the time needed it he would get over his fears and do whatever he could to help. I have a small stuffed Piglet that still sits on my bed which I have had for many many years, I even dressed up as Piglet to a friends Disney themed 21st!
I later read somewhere that each of the Winnie The Pooh characters represented a different mental illness and Piglet's was anxiety (I have no idea how true this is) which explained why I related so much to him. Recently Pandora has been releasing some limited edition Disney charms and I always said if they released a Piglet version I would buy it, well the other week they finally released one! It was perfect timing as for once I had the spare money and just so happened to be going to a shopping centre where a Pandora was. I love this charm so much as not only does it mean so much to me, it is super cute and the detail is amazing (photos don't do it justice!).

Bonus video TV Show Theme Song Mashup - I couldn't resist including this clip as its hilarious - how many theme songs do you know?

Comments

Popular Posts