Five Festive Friday Favourites

With Christmas on Monday (seriously?!) I thought it was fitting to end the week on a festive high with Five Festive Friday Favourites.
I will not be braving the shops doing any last minute shopping this weekend and if anything I will be avoiding them at all cost because I don't like crowds. We have the family Christmas happening tomorrow night which will be fun and Christmas day will be spent with friends. I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking and making sweet treats for the event and on Wednesday I felt as though I lived in the kitchen!
Tonight Jocelyn and I are heading to see Pitch Perfect 3 at Hoyts Girls Night Out, it's a real treat for us as we rarely go to the movies and it's even rarer for us to both want to see the same movie. We are also getting dinner before hand (thanks to a generous friend) which will be nice.
Next week I am planning on having a nice quiet week and hopefully hitting up some sales, as the rest of the family is away and after the craziness of the past couple of weeks a staycation is exactly what I need.

Moving on to Five Friday Favourites:

All That Glitters Eyeshadow Palette in Dazzle Me - I am all about the glitter and metallics during the festive season and I was thrilled to find this palette. I really love the colours and how the glitter actually stays where it's meant to be, it's such a fun palette to break out when I need some extra sparkle. I will say that if you wear it over cream eyeshadow it may cause it to go into the creases and smudge a bit so be careful but all in all it's a great fun palette.

2017 MASHUP - this video is amazing and I still can't get my head around that they filmed it all in reverse (including the lyrics!). Also checkout 2016's which is also really cleverly done.

Watermelon and Lemonade Soy Candle - this scent screams Summer to me and while it is a sweet scent it isn't too sweet and the perfect candle to leave out year round. A bonus is that it's in a green jar which means it can double as Christmas décor but you can leave it long after the festive season is over.

Havaianas Freedom sandal - these are my go to Summer shoe and I giving them quite a workout. I took these when I went to the RO Mod workshop and wore these everyday and my feet didn't ache or hurt once (despite doing quite a bit of walking). I also have a pair of the Flash Urban sandals which are still going strong, I do prefer these to the Flash Urban as they have an adjustable back strap and it's not a one size fit all approach like a lot of their sandals (I have a pair of the Luna sandals that are a bit loose at the back for me, not unwearable and still comfy but I am paranoid my feet will slip out of them). For the price you can't go wrong and if you are still looking for the perfect Summer sandals these are it.

Flourless Chocolate Cake - we are hosting family Christmas at our house tomorrow night so there has been ALOT of baking happening! I spent most of yesterday and Wednesday in the kitchen baking and this cake was one of the things I made. If I need a dessert to take somewhere I bake this cake and its yet to let me down. It's so chocolatey and moist and it's perfect for every occasion. It also freezes well so you can make it waaaay in advance and just make sure its fully defrosted before you serve it and no one will ever know (of you make the almond brittle the day of). If you haven't made it yet then it needs to be on your to bake list :)

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and its filled with fun, family and glitter :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you're a Christmas girl and trying to find the place for your comfort, then come to enjoy the Friday favorites. You will get the 2017 pop mashup for your way. With reflective journal teaching you can enjoy the chocolate cake in the border zone.
Thanks for good information.
You can choose your best place from this five favorite holyday festival for your relaxation. Thanks for provide very good information which should helpful for Christmas girls. Also check our services for your concept paper topic paper writing help. I wish you should post more valuable topics next time.
Good to know your writing.
nill said…
Thanks for sharing.
nill said…
For academic writing editing, blogging is important to publish fresh content and keep the visitors informed and up-to-date. This is really nice editing service site. Thanks, for sharing this information. visit the website
to get a new job everyone must face an interview about that job , sometime many candidate can't answer well in interview due to lack of idea and nervousness . you shares some real experience about your interview . it will help us lot read here if you want to know more about the quality writing services.
Anonymous said…
This is a good video. I see this video very attentively. This is very interesting video and also very informative. The quality of the video is also very good. Thank you so much for this good post. Visit here http://www.waiverhelp.com/our-waiver-letter-writing-services/professional-gre-waiver-letter-writing-help/ for more information.
Naina said…
Thanks for the post and video. I really enjoyed every moment when I read and playing your video. I got much pleasure. check this: http://www.personalstatementmasters.com/our-masters-personal-statement-writing-services/ for more idea.
read more said…
Every girl want this make up pallet so excellent post. You always share useful information without us so my learning from this page is increasing day by day.
RobertKY said…
Happy post!!. Things on this blogs are really good. We should check it here for more lovely post that is associate with many helpful events. I really love to know about it.

Popular Posts