Five Friday Favourites

So I managed to skip a few weeks of Friday Favourites, life got in the way and but I am making up for it with a full on Friday Favourites :)
Two weeks ago I was flying across the country for a Mod Workshop for ReachOut, which you can read all about here. It was a full on weekend but I had a blast and am loving being a moderator, it's volunteering I can do from my couch what's not to like haha!

We put up the Christmas tree on Monday and everything is so Christmassy now, we actually have four Christmas trees up. One big and three mini ones, as last year we didn't put up a tree as everyone (minus me) was leaving to go to Peru on the 27th and they didn't want the hassle of a big tree (and I wouldn't put it down according to them). So we had small trees scattered around the place and we (well I did) brought them out again because they are so cute so the house is looking very festive! It also gets to this time of year when I am all about the Christmas movies, I watch anything cheesy that's on Netflix and I LOVE Elf and The Holiday.
In another week I start avoiding the shops as they get so busy and finding a parking spot is a nightmare so I either go super early or not at all or I get my retail therapy fix online. I'm helping a friend do her Christmas shopping on Wednesday which will be fun and the shops will hopefully be only semi busy not full on busy.

Unless a major miracle happens (I am still praying I get a job but it will take a miracle at this point in time) I will be studying next year which is exciting and a bit daunting but I am starting to prepare myself now so it won't be a huge culture shock for me.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Mini Metal Stars Stocking Filler: Joy - I love these stars and whenever I have a spare $10 I buy a pack. They are the perfect size to put on a medium tree and I love how they sparkle and shine when the light catches on them. They are definitely something I can see being displayed for years to come.

Echosmith Christmas EP - this has been on replay lately and its the perfect music to get you in a Christmassy mood. The songs are catchy and really well written, it's the perfect music to listen to if you are sick of all the usual Christmas songs that are played this time of year.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ - I find that most sunscreens cause me to breakout on my face but not this one. It absorbs into the skin really well and does not feel oily or greasy at all, once you apply it no one can tell you are wearing it (no white film) and it goes great under make up. A little goes along so a tube will last you a long while, its defiantly a must have for Summer.

The Office (US version) - I am currently rewatching The Office when I get a chance and it's even better the second time round. I just put on a DVD (I bought the box set in January) when I need a quiet moment and let the laughs roll, I'm over half way through it and I don't want it to end.

2017 Christmas Gift Guide - less than 3 weeks until Christmas people! If you haven't started shopping yet and/or are stuck trying to find that perfect (and lets be honest budget friendly gift) then it's well worth checking out this years gift guide that I put together. It has something for everyone including some DIY gift ideas and my favourite online shopping places.

15 Gifts to Give Your Anxious Friend - The Mighty is coming out with a lot of awesome gift guides for those who struggle with mental and chronic illnesses. This is great guide if you are buying for someone with anxiety and will help them with their self care over the holiday season. I would love to buy a weighted blanket at some point as I could see it be it really helpful for when I can't sleep at night due to my anxiety or just going through a tough time.

Mighty Car Mods and Ryobi Facebook post - nothing like waking up and seeing this post on my Facebook, for those who don't know Mighty Car Mods are one of the recent celeb ambassadors for ReachOut. They have been a doing great job and are even letting ReachOut host stalls at their events which is awesome. It's a great donation and I am sure the Bluetooth radio kits will be put to good use too.

Disney ZOMBIES - Disney Channel original movies are a weakness of mine (yes I love made for tv movies) and this is their latest. It looks like a super fun film and I can't wait to spend a Friday night watching it.

Shawn Mendes vs One Direction Mashup - I really loved the Taylor Swift vs Ed Sheeran mash up and this one is done by the same person - Kurt Schneider so it's well worth a listen too.


Comments

Popular Posts