Five Friday Favourites

I can't believe its 2018! I am already starting to get into the swing of things for 2018 but I did have a lovely staycation between Christmas and New Years. I made sure to do a lot of self care and relaxation before the craziness of the new year hits. I went to the movies and saw Wonder, hit the sales, caught up with friends and just did nothing which was perfect.
I officially enrol in TAFE on the 16th which is super scary but exciting. I go from feeling happy about it to anxious in a matter of minutes and I know the first couple of weeks will be intense so I will probably spend every spare moment hiding away. But as I have been telling people I am in a much better place anxiety wise and I have a great support network, plus the campus is 7 minutes from home so I'm not relying on public transport so unlike last time I won't have to take 2 buses there and back. I know its the right thing to do but sometimes the right things to do are challenging and this one is going to be a challenge to say the least!
I have been joking that all the Tuesdays for January are busy! On the 2nd I had a doctors appointment which was to get referrals and doctors notes so thankfully nothing bad, then next Tuesday I get to see my psych (who I love to see) and the following one is enrolling in TAFE (which is scary!).

On to Friday Favourites:

Magnificent Mentals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow - my sister got me a tube of this for Christmas and I am in love. Once it goes on it does not budge at all and its so creamy and light weight that it doesn't feel like you are wearing glitter at all. Plus one swipe is all you need for the sparkliest eye's around.

Pitch Perfect 3 - Jocelyn and I saw this together on the 2 weeks ago and we laughed so hard. I have loved the Pitch Perfect movies from the very start (and I mean very start, I remember watching the trailer long before it was released in the US and there was a chance it wasn't going to be released in Aus) and the 3rd and final instalment didn't disappoint. Rebel Wilson shone in this film and her one liners were hilarious. I liked how it focused on the Bellas their friendship/sisterhood and I honestly couldn't fault the movie.

Beauty (Red)efined Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay palette - I never splurge on make up but when Tarte had their cyber Monday sales this was too good a deal to pass up and I am glad I bought it. I couldn't believe the quality of the pigments and how smooth they go on and somehow the palette smells amazing. I tend not to use a lot of matte shades when I do my eye make up but it's been fun to do all matte looks and experiment with the palette. It includes 20 gorgeous shades including 4 shimmery shades (the rest are matte) and there's no need for a primer. A bonus is that 10% of the purchase price goes to the Global Fund to fight AIDS. I have a feeling that I will be purchasing more from Tarte in the future.

RIP Eliza Hart by Alyssa Sheinmel - a story about 2 girls each with their secrets and struggles and 2 very different outcomes. The blurb reads:
The past is closing in.
When Eliza Hart, the most popular girl at the Ventana Ranch boarding school, is found dead on the cliffs outside her dormitory, Ellie Sokoloff is determined to figure out what happened to her. After all, Eliza was Ellie’s childhood best friend.
Never mind that ever since Ellie arrived at school Eliza has spread terrible rumors about her,  calling her a liar and a stalker, when all Ellie wanted to do was rekindle their old friendship. Or that Ellie’s claustrophobia limits where she can go and what she can do. Or that Ellie’s suitemate, Sam, is the only one who will help her . . . because to everyone else, Ellie looks like the top suspect.
Can Ellie clear her name and solve the mystery behind Eliza’s death? Her hunt for the truth will uncover secrets she never imagined, sending her deep into her own memories of her childhood with Eliza Hart.
I really enjoyed this book and found the mental illness storyline really well written. If you are after a Summer read then I highly recommend this book.

Stirling Silver Linked Heart Bracelet - I have been wearing this bracelet for years, I never take it off. It was an impulse but when I put it on I was reminded of the bible verse John 3:16 so it's a reminder of God's love. I recently bought a smaller chunkier heart version during the sales which is to remind me to love myself and not be to hard on myself (which I can be when my anxiety is really bad!). This bracelet is a great gift for either yourself or a loved one.











Comments

Popular Posts