Five Friday Favourites

This was meant to be posted last week but I got a bad cold which of course means the cough goes to my chest and my asthma flairs up which meant I had no energy so nothing got done like I had planned. I have spent this past week doing assignments, doing some baking and mostly just relaxing at home.

This week has been a bit emotional though if I am being honest, I'm not a huge fan of change and there's a lot of changes happening around me so I've been struggling with that and just letting the tears fall. I guess it doesn't help that I am feeling isolated from some friends due to the changes happening either and just feel like I am at a different life stage to the people I hang out with on a weekly basis.  I'm reminding myself that while I don't have like change I do have to accept it and that along with praying is helping.

I also bit the bullet and got a moon boot for my ankle last Monday, I was so hoping I wouldn't need
one but my ankle just wasn't healing at all. It's been a fun experience getting used to it to the say the least and I'm looking at using it for a minimum of 3 weeks if not more depending on how it goes. I do take it off when I am driving and at night but the rest of the time it is on. It's definitely fun manoeuvring through shops and other obstacles without trying to take anyone out haha!

A5 Mini Light Box - I love light boxes and I have quite a collection of them, I use them a lot for ReachOut stalls and events but also as décor around my room. They are great ways to make a personal statement at events too. I of course needed this one to add to my collection and love how small it is so you can take it anywhere. I also ended up buying the Tiny Light Box (there was a sale and I had a voucher to use) because I knew I could find a use for it.

Klutz Tiny Stitches - I am a huge fan of Klutz and was thrilled when I saw this on special at Aldi the other week. It's such a fun cute book and I have been wanting to get into embroidery (I know the basics) but never gotten the chance. It teaches you all the basic stitches then gives you templates and ideas to sew some cute pendants. I can imagine this being a great gift for a tween girl or someone who just likes to craft.

Pitch Perfect 3 DVD - my sister and I saw this at the movies before Christmas and it was a must to buy it when it came out on DVD. I've already watched this twice and I am planning on watching all 3 movies back to back in the near future. It's such a funny film and Rebel Wilson's one liners are hilarious as always. If you haven't seen it (or any of the Pitch Perfect films) its a must watch and perfect for a girls night.

A5 Bonded Leather Journal - this was an impulse buy but it's such a nice journal and one I know I will use. It just feels and looks so nice and I am trying to document my life more this year so I have no doubt it will help me write down memories as they happen.

Brooklyn Nine Nine Jake Makes the Criminals Sing - this video is currently doing the rounds on Facebook and it's hilarious. I love Brooklyn Nine Nine and this video sums up Jake's personality perfectly plus its such a well performed song.




Comments

Popular Posts