comitted Christian and have been all my life, I believe that if you have God you will never be able to hit rock bottom. I am currently unemployed (again) and have no idea what my next step should be, I try to stay busy by being a Youth Ambassador for ReachOut (you can read more about that here) and doing other volunteer work.
My life has never been easy but I have learnt to just trust God with it, its ok to cry and sometimes you just need to dance in the rain while waiting for the storm to pass.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Here are 15 things that you should know about me:
- I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was 2 and Anxiety when I was 12 (there is a link between them). Both cause me struggles but I always persevere and stay focused during the tough times. Dyspraxia means I can't play sports (no hand-eye coordination) and am super clumsy. Anxiety means I am always aware of my mental health and see a psychologist on a regular basis.
- I am the oldest out of 3 girls, my middle sister Megan has Down Syndrome and my youngest sister Jocelyn has red hair. I still live at home with them and my parents and for now its the right decision.
- I can't stand walking around barefoot and wear shoes even when I am just around the house.
- I live with 2 cats, one of which is mine (Rikki or Paprika) and the other is a family cat (Maddy). They were both adopted from my local cat shelter and make my house a home.
- I am currently unemployed once again. I have previously worked as a customer service officer in local government but found that my it was making my anxiety flare up and made the tough decision to leave after much prayer and thought. I am unsure what my next job should be but am giving it to God and praying that he will guide me through this next stage in my life.
- I am a big binge watcher of shows and once I find a show I love I can't/won't stop watching until I've watched all available episodes. In the past I've binged Greek, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Scrubs, Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Flash, Super Girl, Saving Hope and the list could go on and on! I love Canadian TV shows and I will give anything a go as long as its not horror or too dark.
- I started this blog when I was 15 and its grown from there, I have no idea where it will go but I have loved seeing it develop and hope to continue it for many years to come!
- I love to read books and enjoy reading before bed. I have an e-reader and take it with me everywhere and its not uncommon to find me in a café reading when I need some 'me time'. Once I find an author I love I will read all their books, I still read authors I discovered when I was in high school. Reading for me is an escape and I love a book that can make me laugh, cry and has a few twists. Some of my favourite authors are: Jenni B Jones, Erryn Mangum, Candace Calvert, Dee Henderson, Ally Carter, Sarah Dessen, Rachel Hauck and Cat Patrick.
- I am very creative and do a lot of craft and painting in my spare time. I can't not just watch TV so you will most likely find me watching a movie or TV show while crafting or painting.
- I love baking and am known for my baked goods among my friends and family! Baking is an escape for me and I love baking for my friends and family whenever the occasion arrives, be it bible study, for their birthdays or just because.
- I am a planner and need a routine to function, I also rely on lists and use a lot of post it notes.
- I am extremely clumsy (I blame Dyspraxia) but have never broken a bone (though I have bruised my knee bones quite a few times, so am banned from ice skating) I have fallen in a fish pond once, peeled the tip off my left pointer finger (its on a slight angle if you look at it closely) and have numerous scars from my various falls and mishaps.
- My love language is gift giving and I love finding the perfect gift for my friends and family. I am also known to buy people things just because (which my bank account hates).
- I'm a published author on The Mighty, you can check out the articles I have written here.
- I have a dream of publishing a book either fiction or about my life, but for now I blog. I hope you stay a while and see what I have to say.